Saturday, February 28, 2009

late weekend links

I'm out of things to write about that are interesting, which may explain my curious absence from Wednesday night-now. That and my job. You know, that thing I get paid to work at.

In any case, I'm currently watching Leeds and Madison Academy play for the 3A basketball championship, and can't help but wonder: when did the mohawk come back in style?
These and other answers I have not.

What I do have is a proliferation of Internet linkage. Observe ...
-- Some doubt existed heading into last night regarding Alabama's gymnastics streak against Auburn. Doubt no more.
That's 97 and counting.
-- Kleph at RBR has the heart-wrenching story of a great 'Bama fan, Marcy Measels.
-- The JCCW gave us a fantastic comparison of rock-star staffs, between both Auburn and Tennessee. Here are Parts I and II. Note that Jerry couldn't resist the use of the Orgeron Photoshop. Few can, frankly.
-- Spencer of EDSBS fame checks in from The Sporting Blog, with a dissection of NFL busts. One quibble: I don't think it's necessarily fair to call Jay Barker a "bust," since nobody who watched him on a week-in, week-out basis ever really thought he'd succeed in the pros. While we're here, if you don't read Orson's list of weekly corrections ... I'm not sure what to tell you.
-- Spring training has begun, which means it's time for false optimism in Atlanta. In today's edition, Chop Talk tells us why Kenshin Kawakami is fitting in very well.
-- Finally, Sporting News gives us the bizarro version of the 2001 and 2002 Auburn-Bama games: give Tommy Tuberville and Dennis Franchione a second chance. As a tribute, I give you the only two times these two met:



No comments: