Sunday, March 21, 2010

of life, and why you probably won't hear much from me for a while

Editor's Note: I try as hard as I can to avoid writing about my personal life on this site. So I apologize in advance. You've been warned.

A number of blog-eligible topics exist out there in the world right now: there's spring practice in Tuscaloosa, 'Bama's baseball team playing out of its mind, even how much I hate the current (and mercifully, the final) season of "Lost." As recently as 10 days ago, I would be typing away furiously about all these things.
Unfortunately, to the disappointment of those who visit here regularly, I have little desire to do so. And I feel I owe you owe an explanation.

Maybe it's burnout. I have no idea. What I can say with some certainty is this: for this blog to be done right, it requires energy and creativity from its proprietor. Which, sadly, is missing with me right now.

So apologies to those who have come by here hunting for words of wisdombiting sarcasm regarding the NCAAs or Nick Saban's righteous pitching arm or Auburn's (doomed) search for a replacement basketball coach. Much like Urban Meyer, I can't guarantee when I'll be back.

The good news: a number of bloggers much better than I aren't suffering from such bizarre maladies. Here's to those guys. And here's to all those who have visited and read this thing and commented over the last few years. You guys deserve a round of applause and a fruit basket.
Anyway, all this is way too serious. So here's a video that's much more pleasant.

Hope to see you guys again soon. Roll Tide.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. I know how it is to feel the pressure to write, and I hope that all is well for you and yours.

Employee #7011 said...

Hey, it's just some off season lethargy. You'll be back.

Just take a week or so and watch the entire Cohen Brothers playlist and you'll be right as rain.

Anonymous said...

No apathy!

Unknown said...

Hope your sabbatical is as short as Urban's. Always enjoy your posts.

-D. said...

Dude, you can't quit. Just do what I do: write something profound every month or so. (Actually, I just write something every month or so; it's not necessarily profound.)

Seriously, I hope you don't take a permanent vacation. I enjoy reading your stuff here.

Peter said...

firewillheath believes that high school football in Northern Alabama is far superior to high school football in Southern Alabama. If he does not refute this quote, it will be spread widely and attributed to him.