Thursday, April 3, 2008

early links, John Carpenter and Curly Hallman

Throwing out some early links this morning, although it's hard to concentrate -- John Carpenter's The Thing is on AMC, and I'm toggling that with a "College Flash Classic" replay of the 1994 LSU-Auburn game, better known as The Death of Curly Hallman, Major College Football Head Coach. I honestly can't imagine what it must have felt like to be an LSU fan that day. In case you forgot, here's what happened.

With LSU leading 23-9 in the fourth quarter and dominating ...



And then, THE VERY NEXT POSSESSION ...



And finally, after driving down the field to re-take their hard-earned lead with a field goal AND THEN HOLDING AUBURN'S OFFENSE TO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ...



To quote my father ... "Undamnbelievable."
For the record, poor Jamie Howard threw five interceptions in that fourth quarter, counting two he threw on the final drive (Brian Robinson fumbled the first one). And that's not even counting the fumble Auburn recovered for its first touchdown. Like I said, I can't imagine what my life would've been like if I had been an LSU fan that day -- that game might have turned me against football forever.

Anyway, some more current links, most of them from al.com.
(Actually, what am I saying? Keep him, dude! Keep him forever! Is there any way he can become a GA and corrupt the minds of LSU freshmen for, like, 20 years? Do it!)

wlh

No comments: